There is a reason that a organization's most critical employees are labeled critical. They are the foundation your organization is built around and the engine that successfully runs your business. Employees are what helps build your products, sell your products and deliver your products to your customers. Without these Human Capital Assets your business would be OUT OF BUSINESS!
Therefore this play book was designed for Business Leaders on unlocking the secrets of how to retain and keep your most critical employees as happy as possible. In addition this Playbook goes well beyond getting to know your employees on a very deep level. It also gives your organization a tool for how to build a far better Employer Brand to your Employees your customers. This playbook gives a Business Leader in-depth information on what their gaps are on both fronts and how to close them. Follow these steps during your next reviews with your employees and you will be amazed at the insights you will gain and the impact it will have on your employees and even more on the growth of your business!!
Steps for Implementation
Step 1 - Set the Expectation for what the Review will contain
Let the employee know that and this is very important, the review is not just about evaluating their present day performance in their current role. Also let them know that this is an opportunity for them to review how the organization is doing in setting them up for present and future day success. This is an opportunity for them to explore in a safe space their career aspirations with you at your organization. Along with giving them an opportunity to provide honest feedback and evaluation for you as a Leader and the entire organization. Let them know that whatever is shared will not be used against them or effect their work life in anyway it's a safe space. Critical that this is made clear.
Step 2 - Goal Outcomes that you as a Leader want to measure the effectiveness of the review on:
- Find out what is making your employee happy and unhappy in their current position. Identify what functions in their role they enjoy and are great at along with identifying the gaps they have and if that is something they are interested in fixing or want to eliminate that function from the job.
- Identify what their career aspirations are for their "Next Move Best Move" and if they see that as a possibility within your organization.
- Identify what type of training to skill up and the skills they want to obtain if you were to provide that for them at no expense to the employee.
- Identify their perceptions and thoughts about the organization on the following:
- Quality of products and services and the value it delivers to the customers
- How employees are treated
- Opportunities for growth and learning
- Creating an inclusive and sense of belonging work environment for all employees
- What they would do if they had control to improve the overall Employee Experience
- Their opinion of your "Employer Brand"
Step 3 - Specific questions to choose from for driving an Impactful Employee Review
- How would they assess their successes over the past year and where do they think they improved?
- What are the gaps they feel they need to fill in and what action would they take to do that patch work?
- What do they see as the next steps in their career with the organization and what are the steps they think they need to get there?
- If they can do anything for their "Next Move Best Move" whether set up in our organization or outside what would that be?
- What types of training would they like to be invested in from the organization's perspective?
- Do they think they would benefit from Career Development Coaching?
- What do they feel is something the organization does very well for their employees and their customers?
- What are the gaps they feel the business needs to close for their employees and their customers?
- If you were an outside candidate considering working for us what is the one thing you have heard about our org attracting you to come with us and what is the negative narrative out there about our image from a candidate point of view?
- What would be an idea for a new product or service you have that you think our business would benefit from considering (This shows your employees that you want their input and you value it)?