Vice President of Engineering
The ideal candidate will have:
- You have solid experience in building technology roadmaps and vision
- Advanced experience and knowledge working with affiliate networks
- You have experience with e-Commerce and building multi-sided marketplaces.
- You know how to build elegant, scalable code across platforms
- You build strong relationships with empathy and humility
- You are a thoughtful, collaborative, high-EQ leader
- You have rich communication and leadership skills
- You are highly collaborative in your approach to technology development and management
- You are professional and value quality, efficiency, and creative problem solving by all.
The VP of Engineering, will be responsible for leading an organization of highly talented software engineers, quality assurance, mobile, and front end developers as well as designers to develop compelling and scalable applications. This individual will have the most critical role in predictably delivering high quality, highly usability product, and user experience. In addition, he/she will be responsible for continuous improvements to the product architecture, software development process, and quality processes. rewardStyle’s software covers a range of product platforms.
- Work closely with the CTO, and leadership team to define, refine, and advance product vision and technology vision.
- Manage complex software product processes and cadence including cloud and mobile applications.
- Set annual and quarterly OKRs based on the Business Unit vision and bring to life in the agile process through efficient sprint planning with engineering teams.
- Oversee and provide senior leadership for all aspects of the product development life cycle for the Influencer Growth Platform Business Unit: analysis, design, development, test, debug, deploy, maintain, and update.
- Effectively manage the team to drive on-time and predictable delivery results.
- Create necessary disciplines and clearly defined expectations resulting in the prevention of long-term burnout and the team’s overall success.
- Partner with product management to determine solution value and trade-offs based on development feasibility, the cost versus product/business impact
- Keep up-to-date with new technologies and architectures, application design patterns, for potential implementation within rewardStyle’s platforms.
- Evaluate and guide engineering and operations teams to adopt new technologies and services.
- Serve as the internal and external evangelist for rewardStyle’s technology, product offering, and roadmap.
- Build advanced data dashboards and plumb data through to CRM connections across multiple platforms
- Work with scale in mind, leveraging advanced planning, on-time technology delivering and supporting highly secure, highly available, quality, real-time, enterprise-class software platform, and systems.
- Minimum of 15+ years of experience as a senior leader of software engineering organizations
- Minimum of 3+ years developing affiliate marketing and attribution tracking networks
- Prior experience in eCommerce or Marketing Technology required
- Proven experience in building software products for real-time applications and platforms.
- Ability to scale and manage multiple teams and sites effectively.
- Successful history of mentoring high-caliber software engineers and technical leaders to improve their skills, and make them more effective and productive.
- Experience in areas such as search affiliates, affiliate networks, marketplaces, social networks/services, and price comparison services.
- Experience with both development and services is a plus.
- Strong project planning and organizational abilities with a history of managing complex product requirements, including executive reporting and dashboards.
- Proven techniques of motivating and inspiring individuals, as well as navigating the broader organization to empower the engineering team.
- Easily commands respect and loyalty through technical expertise, confident command, and impressive work history.
- The natural inclination for detailed product release management, data analysis, metrics, and measured allocation of time.
- Strong communication skills to relay initiatives to a variety of audiences, from executive peers to more junior engineers.
- Must possess excellent organizational and interpersonal skills and be an effective listener.
- Previously successful in both smaller nascent and nimble environments, as well as large, distributed, well-organized, and mature product environments.
- A personal connection and interest in shopping/retail is a plus.